Face Mask Pattern & Instructions in English
If you've landed here, it is because you may be keen to find a pattern for a face mask. This is the original file which is in circulation in my family. It's in French! I believe the original source is from a hospital in Grenoble. I found an English translation that can be found here. This mask will not as good as a medically approved or N95 respirator mask* however here is why isn't that bad either:
- Better than nothing
- Stops large droplets from wearer and the other way round (but doesn't protect the eyes.
- Reminds you not to touch your face.
- It's washable.
I would recommend the following to improve on the design:
- Add malleable wire in the nasal part to stop fogging.
- Add gathering on the side.
- For medical staff, some prefer the elastic around the head, rather than the ears.
Have fun sewing. xx
* N95 respirator masks, are designed to protect the wearer from small particles in the air, like viruses. They’re certified by the CDC and National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
The name comes from the fact that they can filter